"KEITH'S PEST CONTROL"
GENERAL PRE-TREATMENT TIPS
- Complete a general clean of your home.
- For ant treatments the home should be left for technicians to see, to ascertain where the ants are coming from.
- Clear bench tops of food items ensure loose items are cleared from floor areas.
- Wash floors prior to treatment as the treatment should stay on your floors for at least 2 weeks.
- Don’t wash windows or webbing down from the house. Spray may blow over windows during treatment but spiders hiding in cracks or crevices will come out onto the webbing and into contact with the chemical.
Note : Following our treatment, the next two weeks is a flushing out period, you may find more insects turning up in strange places. This is normal.
- Sealing of entry points can help prevent pests from entering your home.
- Pets should be restrained or removed from premises before the treatment is to be done.
- If you have fish either inside or outside, please cover them so as no overspray can get in.
- Clear bushes and trees away from your house for at least 300mm or 1ft from the exterior so insects have to physically cross the barrier to come into contact with the chemical.
- You do not need to leave the house when treatment is being carried out, just avoid the immediate treatment area. Make sure children have shoes on to avoid skin contact. If you have infants or are pregnant, you may wish to leave for 4 hours.
- Remember your house is our workplace and we need a safe workplace to carry out our service.
- Move small objects away from skirting boards, so your technician can treat this area.
POST TREATMENT INFORMATION ANY RAIN OR WATER WILL IMMEDIATELY START TO REDUCE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE CHEMICAL APPLICATION…
- Hosing down windows after pest treatment will dilute the chemical application.
- Garden sprinklers placed too close to buildings, will wash away the chemical application.
- Washing floors or cleaning carpets shortly after treatment will reduce its effectiveness.
- Low pressure weather systems will affect insect behaviours – ants, spiders will become more active.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR TREATMENT…
- Larger insects like huntsmen spiders need more uptake of chemical to kill – thus they take longer to die (3-4 days)
- External treatment will only provide 50% protection from pests.
- Most chemicals are designed for termite treatments, the chemical companies license the chemicals for other pests i.e. spiders and ants etc. Termite chemical can last in soil for 10 years, but only on surfaces for 6 months in perfect weather conditions (no rain).
Add Your Heading Text Here
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR TREATMENT…
- Brushing down of webbing should be done 2 weeks after application.
- Painting the exterior of the home after a service will render the treatment useless.
- Plants overhanging, and touching buildings provide ladder or bridge over some chemical treatments.
- Bringing new mulch/rocks to cover gardens or using weed mats will affect the treatment you paid for.
Add Your Heading Text Here
HOW YOU CAN HELP PREVENT MORE PESTS…
- Storing bins near building’s will also cause problems. These should be stored along a fence line away from your home.
- Compost bins invite flies, ants and rodents always have compost bins on a bed of pavers and away from your home.
- Lights of a night will also draw insects to the building – all sorts of insects, even ones that feed on other insects, for example.
- Leaving pet food out at night can draw pests to your home.
- Clean any food debris from your food preparation and eating area as soon as possible. Rinse and clean dishes, pots and pans etc. Daily. Store food properly in original containers, plastic containers, refrigerators, etc.
If you have any further questions about your treatment, please contact us….